How to Smoke in a Kettle Grill
The Kettle style is perfect for smoking as there is adequate space between the charcoal and the meat.
- Place water/drip pan on left side of fire grate.
- Place hot coals on right side (damper end) of the fire grate.
- Place meat above water pan.
- Close lid and control heat with side and top damper.
- Frequently opening the lid will extend the cooking time.
Note: Add soaked wood chips to the fire or 1 part juice to 3 parts water to the water pan for additional flavor and moisture.
**If the smoke is white, the fire's right. If the smoke is black, add some draft.***