CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF INTERIOR / EXTERIOR
INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR OF THE GRILL:
- Seasoning the cooking grates will provide a protective coating and prevent rusting. (Please see Care and Maintenance of Cooking Grates)
- After each use, allow the grill to cool completely with the hood open, remove the ashes, and any debris that holds moisture that can shorten the life of your grill
- The Akorn lids, body, and fire bowl are porcelain-coated. Grease and carbon will build-up on the lid and in the damper. It may look like peeling paint. It simply needs to be cleaned. Use warm soapy water to remove the carbon build-up. and dry the surface with a cloth or paper towel.
- Be sure NOT to exceed 700 degrees F as this could cause damage to the finish of the grill and cause parts to warp.
- Touch-ups may be required to the finish over time. If you see surface rust, sand down the affect area and use a high heat paint to touch-up.