GRILL NOT GETTING HOT, USING LOTS OF PELLETS
ISSUE: THE GRILL WILL NOT HEAT UP BUT USING LOTS OF PELLETS
* Is the grill set on "high"?
a. On high, it will consume 4 lbs/hr. (1 lb every 15 minutes)
* What type of pellets are they using?
* Are you using Char-Griller pellets? (If not, are they Food Grade Pellets?)
a. If not, we cannot attest to the caloric content of the fuel, which affects
the BTU rating, which is the amount of heat produced from the pellets burning.
* How long have the pellets been in the hopper box?
a. Depending on the humidity the pellets will absorb moisture, which can cause excessive smoke and cause them not to light properly or can cause them to be slow to ignite.
*Check the P setting in reference to the auger motor running times you'll find on page 21 of the owners manual.
ISSUE: THE GRILL IS NOT GETTING HOT
* Is the grill turning "On"?
* Is the fan running?
* Is the auger running?
If everything is operating properly, but it is not heating the Fire Rod needs to be replaced.
Replaced the fire rod. Part number 551003.
* Frequently opening and closing the hood.
a. This grill is not like gas or charcoal grills. It's slow to heat up and loses heat easily
When the hood is opened a lot.
* if you're looking, you're not cooking. :)