HOW TO CONTROL THE HEAT IN YOUR AKORN KAMADO
Remember, More Air Flow Means More Heat
Page C-2 of the Owner’s Manual
- Control the heat with the amount and type of fuel you use. Wood burns hotter than charcoal briquettes. More airflow equals more heat.
- For Low and Slow (180 to 225 degrees) Use less than one (1) pound of fuel (Lump charcoal is wood. It will burn hotter than Briquettes)
- If you enjoy the flavor of wood. Use pre-soaked wood chips. Soak in water overnight or at minimum, one-hour prior to use.
- For High Temperatures (350 to 650 degrees, use approximately two (2) - three (3) pounds. The more you use the longer and hotter it will burn.
- HINT: Do not let the temperature go higher than your desired temp. It is much harder to bring the temperature down than to go up.
- Use your Ashpan damper to get the temperature close to your desired temp. Then use the top damper to dial it in. HINT* On the Top Damper, every 1/8th on an inch is approximately 20 degrees.